Toddler- is the most crucial stage for a child that age 12 to 36 months this is the beginning of their great cognitive, emotional and social development, their development is recognizable into interrelated areas such as:
- Growth that increases toddler size physical
- Gross Motor- large muscles starts to develop enable to control on starts walking, jumping, showing skills on climbing and running around
- Fine Motors- showing an ability that know how to feed themselves this is the stage of small muscles control where toddler identifies and draw objects
- vision is far more clear to point out of what is being seen and interpret
- Hearing and speech – toddler are keen on listening, can receive information of what they hear and can use the language to communicate effectively
- Play or social interaction, playing with others its a stage of social development consider recognizing differences of each child, give the best toys for toddlers motor skills, coz their mind is on exploration
By: Burton L. White in his Raising a Happy, Unspoiled Child
“If I want it, it’s mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it’s mine.
If I can take it away from you, it’s mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.
If it’s mine it will never belong to anyone else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks like mine, it’s mine”
The best toys for toddlers
• Giant Building Blocks – with a variety of shapes and sizes colored alphabets and Numbers Bright safe and Non-toxic
• Giant colored floor puzzles must also safe and Non-toxic
• Building and Dismantling objects, these toys have a unique design it provides children the opportunity to practice their motor skills on dismantling the pieces and experimenting by Building the toy again in a perfect form, crafted from sustainable sources of maple wood for environmentally conscious parents …
It is common for toddlers to tackle some certain skills like walking before talking, time varies from child to child as their developmental timeline will shape to the milestone of their individuality…
Parents must aware that at this crucial stage you shouldn’t stop talking to your child, coz their brain is like a blank sheet that just had started to photocopied or absorb the vital information to their growth, as much as possible you have to blanket your child with trust and security equals reward – meaning, for example encouraging your child on a potty training this is the most basic first stage that the toddler must learn since he will practice this of his lifetime, If you manage to let your child do the potty training routine that indicates that your child trusted you, when a child is confident to follow a specific task he knows he is safe and secured by a parents bond of love and affection, Rewarding your child after the task is also another way of trusting you but this time it has to be with condition – telling your toddler “ Your a Good Boy” or giving him a big hug after the task has done.
Toddlers developmental Timeline:
12 to 14months:
- started to walk alone
- drink and eat messy
- play and explore
- talking one or two syllable words
- can follow a simple command
- mimicking actions such as giving flying kiss
- beginning to show gestures that they love to hug and being hugged
15 to 18months:
- doodling started to hold on crayons and pens
- lift and drink in a cup
- showing climbing skills
- starts getting on his 10 to 20 words
- can play his blocks
- starts recognizing others name
- mimicking on what adults activities, such as dad’s wearing shoes, talking on the phone, mommies chores
- waving to others, saying bye or hi …
19 to 24months:
- likes to dress up alone and undress
- can now sit and climb into their chair
- run around
- mastering on using a spoon to feed him/herself
- speaking 20 to 50 words
- be able to stack multiple blocks
- curiosity on solving a problem by finding a solution to pushing buttons, sorting toys, looking for missing objects
- ready for potty training
- separation anxiety
- display of attachment
- tantrums of saying No!
- self recognition
- playing with others
25 to 36months:
- able to dress alone
- becoming skillfully advance on climbing, running and walking
- can tackle on forming and moving giant toys
- talking in clarity sentences
- potty learning continue
- starts showing talents on singing, dancing, playing instruments
- pick up fast on new words pets name, peoples name
- plays fanciful and imaginative ways having fairy wings, building a teepee
- recognizing what girl is for a girl and boy is a boy
- play his/her favorite toy or game
HABA Moover toys
Materials: All made from sustainable beech or maple wood colored with ecological, solvent-free lacquers, Haba toys Aim to please children of all ages, from birth to pre-teens and are made to last!